Nobody can deny that Majorca is a powerful magnet for all those who want to enjoy a few days of rest between the sea and the mountains, contemplating landscapes that take your breath away and tasting the most genuine Mediterranean cuisine. However, this is not the only attraction of the largest Balearic island, as the Majorcan territory is also a pole of attraction for business tourism or MICE, as it is known by its acronym in English. Want to know why? If so, we invite you to get to know the best fairs, conventions and events in Majorca.
And no, we are not only talking about events related to the hotel or catering sector, but also others that revolve around art, boats, weddings or the publishing world, without forgetting about the centuries-old agricultural and livestock fairs that the rural areas of the Majorcan geography still offer, and that connect with traditional ways of life that have managed to reinvent themselves and adapt to the new times.
With our rental cars in Majorca, you can enjoy these events at your own pace, moving around the island with total freedom and without having to worry about public transport schedules. So you know about all the important fairs or conventions in Majorca, ROIG summarizes the most relevant ones, ordered according to the date they are celebrated (but keep in mind that this may vary). Pay attention!
Do not miss the main exhibitions and conventions of Mallorca
Although Majorca is the quintessential destination for sun and beach, the island can also boast an extensive agenda of fairs and conventions. In any case, we recommend you check the exact dates before booking your trip to Majorca, as they change every year.
- HORECA Baleares. Dedicated to the hotel and restaurant industry, this annual fair is held at the beginning of February at the Palma Arena exhibition center, in the center of Palma de Mallorca. The event, aimed at professionals, showcases the exhibitors’ products and accommodates other parallel activities, such as demonstrations or conferences. This space also aims to be a meeting point between professionals, in which companies can expand their client base, create synergies or close commercial agreements.
- HITEC Europe. In April 2020, and for four days, the Palacio de Congresos de Palma hosts the largest congress in the world on technology applied to the hotel sector. Hence, it is a unique opportunity for professionals to know the latest trends in European and international industry in this field. HTEC Europe also includes training activities, exhibitions and conferences on current issues.
- Palma International Boat Show. The Moll Vell in Palma is the setting chosen for the largest nautical show in Majorca, which takes place every year between the end of April and the beginning of May. The figures speak for themselves: 82,000 m2 of exhibition, 260 direct exhibitors, more than 600 boats -300 of them at sea- and more than 100 luxury yachts. Therefore, it has become a reference for luxury tourism in Majorca.
- International Congress of Microimmunotherapy (ICoMI). At the end of May, the Palma Convention Center accommodates this triennial medical congress -celebrated in 2017, 2020 … -, in which scientists and health professionals from all over the world come together to discuss innovative discoveries and therapies for metabolic diseases such as diabetes and cancer, as well as for chronic inflammation.
- ArtMallorca. In the second half of September, the Palacio de Congresos de Palma hosts ArtMallorca, the new International Art Fair in the Mediterranean, held annually and sponsored by the Basel Art Center. Considered as one of the major cultural events in Majorca, it contributes to the international projection of Palma as a European cultural destination and brings together more than 40 prestigious galleries from all over the world. A must, in short, for collectors and art lovers.
- Món Esportiu Mallorca. At the end of September, sport takes over Mallorca’s fair calendar. This proposal is designed for all companies whose activity is linked to sport and physical activity, whether through sports equipment, nutrition and dietetics, personal training, machines for gyms and fitness centers … The congress, which is held at Palma Arena, is aimed at athletes, both amateurs and professionals, who want to be aware of the latest developments in the business.