Sports tourism is on the rise, and what better place to exercise outdoors than the incredible places that this Majorca offers? The warm climate and the environment favor outdoor activities and, if you want to take advantage of your visit to practice sports, you will find a lot of options for all tastes: from incredibly equipped football fields, world-renowned golf courses, tennis courts where you can perfect your drive and endless beaches to have fun with water activities. As you can see, the options are endless, so today we want to give you a list of sports to practice in Majorca and the best places to enjoy them. Want to give it a go? Keep reading!
Sports for children in Majorca
Playing sports as a family is an excellent option for an active holiday and is a good opportunity to have a great time together.
- Cycling and MTB. To begin with, there are many bike routes throughout the Majorcan geography. You can take a small excursion on the Palma de Mallorca cycling trail, the Green trail that connects Artà with Manacor or a day in the middle of nature pedaling between Binissalem and Biniagual. With ROIG Fun, you can rent electric bicycles for your routes.
- Adventures in the trees. Another option that will connect you completely with nature is to spend a day in the Majorcan forests, letting your kids slide down zip lines and cross suspension bridges. You’ll find them in Forestal Park, a theme park in Palma and in Jungle Park, an option located in Santa Ponsa.
- Horse riding. If you and your loved ones are equestrian enthusiasts or want to get started in this discipline, in Majorca you will find different companies that offer a horse ride through some of the most charming corners. This is the case of Rancho Grande, where you can get to know the places of the Llevant Natural Park.
- Hiking trails with children. Discovering the charms of the Tramuntana mountain range, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, is one of the best options for hiking with children. Go up to the towers of Llucalcari or the Puig de Randa to admire its beautiful landscape. On the coast, you will also find some excursions, such as those offered in the Mondragó Natural Park, where you can combine your route with a dip in one of the most beautiful coves in Majorca.
- Sports campus for children. But if you want your children to exercise during your holidays, there are campuses of all kinds of sports to practice in Majorca. On the island’s football campuses, your children can dream of being Messi in some of the most prestigious ones such as the Vicente del Bosque Campus, the Sporting Ciutat de Palma, the Real Club Deportivo Mallorca itself or the ACATEC Campus, specialized in Women’s Football. But if they prefer basketball, they can choose to spend a week on the Rudy Fernandez campus, one of the most prominent players in the country. And if we speak of outstanding athletes, we cannot forget to mention Rafa Nadal, who offers daily courses in his academy. If you like tennis you can also go to the Tennis Academy Mallorca or the Jonathan Markson academy.